Sunday 27 July 2008

Niche Testing Update 1: Orchid Care



I have submitted Caring For Orchids to StumbleUpon and a couple of other sites now. I will continue to Social Bookmark, but in a very gradual way. I believe that submission to many bookmarking sites at the same time is likely to do more harm than good, so maybe 3 or 4 bookmarks every couple of days will suffice. My StumbleUpon blog has been submitted to a number of RSS Feed directories, further backlinks should be automatically created by this tactic.

Caring For Orchids is definitely indexed by Google, but does not appear within the first few pages of search results and has not received any traffic yet. Interestingly, my previous post, Testing A New Niche: Orchid Care, has also been indexed, which is an unexpected bonus.

I have a number of other blogs in the Gardening Market Sector, so I will now link them all to Caring For Orchids to see if this will improve search engine rankings.

No comments: